Belk Keeps Him in Style with
Men’s Most-Wanted Fashion Picks for Spring 2012
Charleston, SC—March 22, 2012—What’s on the fashion horizon for guys this spring? Destination sunshine: A place where a relaxed, optimistic, warm weather spirit prevails. A locale with a bright new quality that embodies colorful American classics- past and present- while celebrating an uncomplicated modern aesthetic. It’s easy, carefree and elegant. Join us as we peruse the season’s most wanted items for men.
1. Colored Bottoms -Look on the bright side and go beyond the blue. Say, “Yes!” to a wide range of bold palettes for spring. Add the wow with denim and other textiles in the most happening hues. Nantucket red is a favorite.
2. Striped Knit -Ready to give your look a fresh fix in no time flat? Bar none, these very “on-trend” patterns will do the trick. Multis, bi-color, almost any combo will do. The time is just ripe for stripes.
3. Bright Plaids & Checks - Don’t skimp on style. Indulge in an amazing array of prints and patterns to recharge your look. Color counts and grid lock is not an issue.
4. Prepster Sportcoat -Want to raise your cool quotient? Wear this seasonal jacket desk to dinner—workplace to weekend. The fit and fabric will feel so right.
5. Flat Front Short -Own it. Chic and simple, this warm weather staple will give you a smart start in pulling your off duty wardrobe together. Getting comfortable never looked so good.
6. Oxford Shirt -This all-time classic is back with a vengeance in a range of captivating tones. Softly crinkled or pressed to please, this shirt works as hard as you do.
7. Cool Tee -Our best in class tee shirts stand out as essential spring weekend gear. Check out vintage graphics, washed down hues and easy-fit silhouettes. Laid back looks better than ever.
8. Novelty Neckwear -Check out ties in seersucker, linen, spring plaids and a bounty of beautiful shades. Stand out from the crowd in ties that take you from okay to, “Oh, wow!” in a fashion minute.
9. Straw Fedoras -For the perfect balance between elegance and ease, try a hat that harnesses your modern manpower. You will look sharp and stylish.
10. Preppy Footwear -Step it up. Prepare to prep in shoes with an emphasis on the Ivy League. The message represents authentic American style. Madras plaids, tri-color boat shoes and, yes, saddle oxfords say it all.
About Belk, Inc. Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation's largest privately owned mainline department store company with 303 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. The company was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Belk.com offers a wide assortment of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top-name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog, mobile phone, text messages or by email, go to Belk Get Connected.
Modern. Southern. Style. Belk seeks to satisfy the modern Southern lifestyle like no one else, so that our customers get the fashion they desire and the value they deserve. Our vision is for the modern Southern woman to count on Belk first - for her, for her family, for life.